One of the greatest pleasures in life is cooking and dining al fresca. Nothing better than a lazy afternoon of cooking and sipping with friends. This meal is perfect for exactly that type of entertaining and everything comes together in a flash!
- 2 lbs ground beef or lamb or a mixture of both
- 6 Tbsp chopped parsley or cilantro or mint
- 4 tsp harissa paste – can use tomato in a pinch
- 1 Tbsp Aleppo powder
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp allspice
- 1/2 tsp cardamom
- Lots of ground pepper to taste
- 3 tsp kosher salt
- 2 pieces of bread, blitzed in a food processor
- 1 egg
Mix all the ingredients together. Wrap a 1/2 cup of mixture onto 10 skewers and set aside.
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp harissa paste
- 2 Tbsp chopped mint, parsley or cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Tomato and Cucumber Salad
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 cups cucumber chunks
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Salt and pepper
Toss all ingredients together in a medium bowl and set aside.
- 1 package Naan bread or some of this grilled flatbread
Preheat your grill or BBQ to medium-high. Grease lightly with oil. Grill the Kefta skewer for about 5 minutes each side until cooked through. Serve with grilled flatbread, salad and lots of harissa yogurt!