My daughter loves these muffins. They are chock full of blueberries and are a cinch to make! The recipe can be easily doubled and the muffins freeze and reheat well.
Blueberry Bran Muffins
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or another neutral oil, vegetable or canola is fine
- 1/2 cup sugar, less 2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp molasses
- 1 egg
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups bran flakes cereal or Raisin Bran Cereal
- 1 cup flour, you can use whole wheat if desired
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners.
In a bowl, combine all the wet ingredients. Add the bran flakes and allow to sit for 15 minutes. Sift in the dry ingredients and mix through. Carefully stir in the blueberries.
Divide the batter into the muffin pan. Bake for 18-22 minutes or until puffed and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.