This is a super quick couscous salad that goes well with any tagine, topped with grilled chicken or on it’s own as a light vegetarian meal.
Curried Couscous Salad
- 1 1/4 cup couscous
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable broth, low sodium
- 1 Tbsp curry powder, plus another tsp for the dressing
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup currants
- 1/4 cup sultanas or raisins or cranberries
- 2 granny smith apples, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice from 1 lime
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted
Bring the broth, 1 Tbsp curry powder, butter and 1/2 tsp salt to a boil. Add the couscous and remove the pot from the heat. Cover and allow the couscous to puff for about 8-10 minutes. Add the currants into the pot and cover for another 5 minutes.
In a large bowl, toss the remaining ingredients except for the cilantro and mix well. Add the couscous and stir through so that it is evenly coated. Add the cilantro at the very end right before serving or it will brown.