Now more than ever I am a believer of simple desserts. This tart is super easy to make and happens to be gluten free too!
Gluten-Free Chocolate Ganache Tart
- 1 1/2 cup chocolate cookie crumbs (use gluten-free if desired)
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 6 Tbsp butter
Mix the crumbs, sugar and butter together until well combined. Push the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch tart pan. Bake in an oven preheated to 350°F for 8 minutes. Cool completely before filling the crust.
- 2 cups Dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbsp hazelnut liqueur, optional
- 4 Tbsp room temperature butter, divide
- Sea salt, chocolate nibs or chopped hazelnuts for sprinkling
Place the butter and chocolate into a bowl. Bring the cream to a boil and stir in the hazelnut liqueur if using. Pour the cream over the chocolate. Allow the mixture to sit for 5 minutes before stirring butter and chocolate through to create a smooth consistency. Pour the ganache into the shell and allow it to set a room temperature overnight or in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
Sprinkle a touch of sea salt right before cutting. To make the most perfect slices, cut with a knife warmed under hot water.