Here’s a lovely and simple salad that I recently had in New York City at Bagatelle.
Great chance for me use up the very last of the garden kale from my backyard. Cannot believe we are still eating out of the garden in January (in the middle of a snowstorm).
Healthy Kale Cranberry and Pumpkin Seed Salad
- 1 bunch of kale, well trimmed, tough bits removed
- 1/4 cup toasted pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup grated ricotta salata or feta
- 1/4 cup pickled onion or red onion thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Whisk the oil, vinegar, mustard, honey and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add the kale, onion and half the cranberry, seeds, season with salt and pepper and toss.
Plate it up and sprinkle with the remaining cranberries, seeds and cheese. Season with some salt and pepper.