This tart falls squarely into the dessert category but the assertiveness of rosemary and black pepper give it real substance.
Choose a selection of plums or other stone fruit for a very pretty looking tart!
- 1/2 lb puff pastry, defrosted in the fridge, mine comes pre-rolled into a 11-inch square
- 8 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 tsp chopped rosemary, plus extra for decoration
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 6 to 8 plums or other stone fruit, sliced
Roll out the puff pastry to that it is even throughout. Using a fork, dock the inside of the pastry leaving a 1-inch perimeter.
Mix the cream cheese with all but 1 Tbsp sugar, zest and vanilla and spread in an even layer over the docked area.
Toss the plums with the rest of the sugar and lay the plums over the cream cheese in a decorative manner. Bake for 20-25 minutes in a 425°F oven.
While the tart is baking, heat the honey over low heat in a small saucepan until hot. Remove the pan from heat and add the rosemary. Brush the honey over the warm tart and give a light dusting of cracked pepper. Decorate with more rosemary if desired.
Allow to cool and cut into squares.